Sunday, September 14, 2008

But I LOVE CraigList

I know Mel -B had a blog posted about her dislike of CraigList and it was funny but sadly, she didn't have a good experience. I've always had good experiences with CraigList, either buying or selling and have some nice pieces that I know were "bargains"...but today beats all! Check out these pictures and then read on.
So, I was just browsing CraigList this morning, the furniture section, as I always do...I do a search for "antique" first, then look at other stuff. I look in Household too as we are in the market for all new appliances (or gently used). I also look in "materials" for things like decking supplies, brick, doors or windows and then ask my husband what he thinks. Sometimes, just sometimes I look at Motorcycles for Don.
Anyway, I saw this furniture posting this morning "Reduced, Living Room Suite, must sell TODAY" in Cary, so I checked it out. Hmmm, very nice, but white furniture? But it did look SO nice. This was the "suite"...Sofa, Love Seat, Arm Chair, Coffee Table, End Tables (2). All for $500. We made the arrangements to go see it. We immediately loved the set. But, they were also throwing in light yellow Pottery Barn throw covers that fit perfectly. Holy Crap (as Melissa would say)...how lucky are we? Then, to just make all of this a little better, there were guys there, with a Budget rental truck. They loaded and took the furniture to our house, then unloaded it, took our crappy old sofa out to the garage...all for $35. What a deal! Don did a lot of work, rearranged the living room, placed the new furniture and what an amazing room it is! It looks so fantastic. We are absolutely pleased.
Yeah, so the "it's-got-to-go" Hughes family furniture....which was just wore out and sadly, a little stinky from our little dog...given away for "FREE" and gone by 4:00 today. Hallelujah.
Today was a great day. You know the old saying..."Be it ever so humble, there is no place like home" and it was a pleasure to make our home a little nicer today with a fantastic deal!

No comments: