Saturday, September 13, 2008

Nothing Tastes as Good As Thin Feels

This is a statement that I repeat to myself on a daily basis since I've really decided to become serious about getting healthy. Well, yesterday, it all felt so good. Two people that I haven't seen in a while told me I looked great. I LOOKED GREAT. Do you have any idea how many years I've gone without hearing that? It's sad. I have lost 33 pounds so far, but have gained (no pun intended) so much more.

  • I can cross my legs without having to pick the leg up.
  • I sit in my big comfy blue chair and there is now room for one more.
  • I can walk up a flight of stairs without feeling like I'm going to die.
  • I am 4 sizes smaller as far as my clothes.
  • I am the lowest weight I've been since before Spencer was born...15 years.
  • I've discovered how good vegetables are.
  • I can shop in regular stores...not only Lane Bryant and the "plus size" section of Wal-Mart.
  • I've made tremendous donations to the Dorcas Thrift Store.
  • I work out a minimum of 4 days per week at Fitness 19.
  • My whole family is getting healthier...my husband has lost 40+ pounds
  • I don't get "flack" from co-workers or friends about my food choices and portion sizes.
  • I feel comfortable wearing panty hose.
  • I bought two pair of high heel shoes (well, 3")
  • I feel better about having my picture taken.
  • My confidence is back. My self-esteem is on the rise.
  • I say "thank you" at the compliments because I've earned them.
  • I use http://www.thedailyplate.com to record everything I eat and my exercise and it helps so much!
  • I sleep better.
  • I'm saving money on groceries.
  • I gave up beer, soda, regular potato chips, fried foods, bread (quite a bit) and I drink much more water.
  • and much much more...

Austin took a picture of me tonight using Don's phone. He had taken a picture of me last September and the difference is amazing as far as the weight loss. So cool.

No comments: