Thursday, November 27, 2008

Rosie Live

So, I DVR'd this show because I was curious. I liked Rosie when she did her daytime talk show. It was funny and had great guests. I just LOVED the whole Barbara Streisand thing. I LOVE Barbara too! It was great to watch until she totally dissed Tom Selleck. I was excited for her when she was on The View. I thought that was her opportunity to shine again. Not long after she was on The View I found her to be totally annoying, arrogant, a bully, and a loud-mouth. But, she was generous with the audience; except for that generosity was not "hers", but ABC's. Anyway, Rosie Live...same same same.

The show felt like a desperate attempt for Rosie to redeem herself in the publics' eye. She had great guest stars on. I love Harry Connick, Jr. (whom she kept referreing to as Harry Connick), and Alanis Morisette. I also think Kathy Griffin is a crazy ass and unbelievably bold comedienne. The cameo's were just odd. The other entertainment, I felt like, was something that only she felt was worthy and I felt like she pushed them on us. If Rosie is anything, she is pushy. But, what she isn't is Sonny and Cher; Donnie and Marie, Hee-Haw, Laugh-In or the Mandrell Sisters. Sorry. Yea, but NO.

I set the DVR to record this series and I will be fair and watch it one more time; BUT, I'm not feelin' it people.

Gloria Estefan singing about eating tomorrow? Really?!

...It's just my opinion. And, just so we're clear, it has nothing to do with her sexuality...just with her obnoxious-icity.

No comments: