Sunday, November 30, 2008

Glazed Sausage Bits (My Way)

I took the book "Jacques Pepin More Fast Food My Way" from the Cary Library recently. Some good recipes, but not a book I will buy to add to my collection. However, one recipe, which I made last night will follow. I've done it "my way", just like he did. My way is healthier. This is a FANTASTIC dish to make and bring to your friends holiday gatherings.

Slice up 1 pckg (16 oz) of turkey kielbasa. You can remove the skin if you want to. I did not. Set this to the side.

1 cup of pomegranate/cherry juice
2 tlbs ketchup
1 Tsp (or less if you are a pansy) of Hot Pepper Sauce
Put all the above in a medium skillet. Bring to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes.

Add the slices to the sauce. Cook over high heat, turning the slices occasionally, until the mixture reduces almost completely and coats the sausage slices (5-7 minutes). Serve with toothpicks or on top of Ritz crackers.

I should have taken a picture of it, but last night I did not realize I was going to write about this recipe in my blog.

Very yummy and easy, enjoy!

No comments: