Thursday, November 13, 2008

Social Butterfly

All of the ways we can keep connected...even someone nearer to 50 than 40. Imagine.

It started out that my kids wanted a MySpace. OK. Then, of course, as a moderator, I had to have one. It actually was fun, I connected with people I have not talked to in years. Well, except for Lisa Lonis. She got mad because I called her out on her having her age listed as 38. I know exactly how old she is, we were in the same grades together throughout school! So, she deleted me as a "friend". That MML (makes me laugh). I created my MySpace in early 2005, while at work in North Raleigh. I have always tried to have a cool song on my profile, the pictures I have show a lot of change in a short amount of time and even the surveys are fun and pass the time if you're bored. I added all the same family that my kids had and even found some, as I said, friends of mine I have not seen or spoken to in years.

About 3 months ago, I got on board The Facebook. I like Facebook MUCH better than MySpace. As Spencer says, MySpace isn't cool anymore. The only thing about Facebook that is weird to me is the poking. What is on-line poking? I'm not too crazy about the applications that you get passed either...frankly, I don't understand them. But, I do love a piece of flair! I also love that you can communicate with others on-line really easily. Facebook has more adults and my employer (organization) even has a Facebook. So, needless to say, I try to be careful about what I say. Nothing on the internet is a secret.

Well, one even more for adults, http://www.linkedin.com/. This is a place for business professionals to connect, search jobs, exchange ideas, recommend others...pretty simple. This has been especially fun for me to find people I used to work with in NY and find out what they are up to these days.

And, of course, I am a blogger...not a frequent one, but I try. I cannot take the credit for most of these sights I now belong to, because, seriously, I would not have even known about them if it wasn't for the young'uns around me...including those I work with. I try really hard to not be afraid of technology and these social groups make it fun.

What's next for me Twitter? Chatting on FaceBook with CNN? Friendster? A blackberry? Who knows. I just keep trying to keep up and have Mel-B keep telling me "Tina, you are the coolest".

I think I'll go sign on to Facebook right now and see who wants to chat.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Tina - you are the coolest!

I tried to get my mom on Facebook. I think she'll come around one of these days!